The Winter Semester 2020/21 at ISA
Due to the effects of the corona pandemic, the winter semester 2020/21 will be held as a digital semester.
This means the following for the courses of the ISA:
- All lectures and exercises will either take place live via zoom meeting or will be uploaded to RWTHmoodle as slidecasts or videos.
- In addition, most of the courses provide material for follow-up work on the lectures. This can be open questions, e-tests or PDF annotations.
- Practical courses take place in small groups in the ISA Laboratory in Soers. Details about the organization will be provided in the respective RWTHmoodle course.
- Student research projects are offered and supervised as before. The organization is handled by a RWTHmoodle course and the respective supervisor.
- Theses will still be offered and supervised. As always, you can contact the respective staff members with topic suggestions or respond to provided topics.
The presentation at the end of the bachelor or master thesis is held digitally.
- Accessibility: Despite working mainly in the home office, all employees can be reached by phone or e-mail. Should someone not be reachable by phone, you can make an appointment by e-mail for consultation, e.g. for a telephone or video conference.
Exam Dates & Room Assignment
All exam dates for the current semester are published in campus office. Please look at the information listed there very carefully before asking any of our department staff. If several rooms are listed for an exam, you will find out which room you are assigned to no later than 1 weeks before the exam date. The information is made available here on the website, in the virtual course room of your corresponding classes, as well as on the bulletin boards at the institute. If only one room is listed, all students will be taking the exam in this one room or lecture hall.
Due to the conversion of the PO, the current examination "Wastewater Disposal" contains the individual examinations of the subjects "Urban Drainage" and "Wastewater Treatment", which are written together.
Individual examinations are no longer offered unless you have already written and passed 1 of the two above-mentioned individual examinations in previous semesters. You can then continue to take the outstanding exam as an individual exam.
There will no longer be a registration procedure for individual examinations.
If you have any further questions, please contact your study advisor directly.
You can register for the overall examination via rwthonline.
For the individual exams please register
– AFTER THE EXAM DATE HAS BEEN FIXED AND COMMUNICATED VIA RWTHONLINE –
to the signatory in December by mail.
If you have any further questions, please send them to the e-mail address on the right.
The following exams are taken as electronic exams:
- Grundlagen der Siedlungswasserwirtschaft
- Grundlagen der Gewässergütewirtschaft
Students who have not experienced this type of examination yet can consult with us about taking a test exam.
For information on ERASMUS and international student exchange opportunities please refer to the Faculty of Civil Engineering website.